Sunday, September 28, 2008

Did you know that I'm a State Quarter Nerd?

I've got a booklet with almost all of the state quarters, both from the Denver Mint and the Philadelphia mint (I'm missing about 10 from Philly, not including Hawaii).
Anyway, I'm disappointed with the design that Wyoming picked to represent their state. Their state with miles and miles of nothing and then a notch of one of the most interesting places in the United States -- Yellowstone.
So, here's the quarter design they decided to go with:


Ugh. Come on. Look at some of the other designs that they passed over in favor of the above coin.





I like the detail of the rider and bucking horse, but I don't really care for the one with the picture of the state in the background (really. If your state looks like a rectangle, don't go out of your way to celebrate it). But the Old Faithful is pretty cool!

Who are these people? Why on earth pick a quarter so boring? Have they no desire to boost their tourism? Even Nebraska and Kansas are more attractive.

No comments:

About Me

Lafayette, Colorado, United States