Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank Goodness That's Over

I voted for McCain. I wasn't crazy about him as a candidate and I didn't really think he would win. I don't know how Obama couldn't win with the media love-fest and the money that drips from his pores. It'll be a really exciting 4 years with Obama as president, and even though I could not vote for him (because I think he's as slick as a salesman and because I can't trust him and because I think he'll say whatever you want to hear...), I'm really interested in how he is planning on "changing" everything.
I've recently been reading through Randy Alcorn's book Heaven, which has really changed my outlook on my faith. It's refreshing and freeing to be secure in my belief that Jesus is the son of God and that his death on the cross gives me a relationship with the Almighty God. To know that I will be a part of the New Heaven and the New Earth and that the time I spend now is going to be as close to Hell as I will ever get.
So when I read scare tactics like the "letter" Focus on the Family wrote to make Obama seem like the most evil man on the earth, I just remind myself that, yeah, we know our world is going to get worse. It doesn't matter who's in charge because God appointed him anyway. We know that things are going to spiral into chaos and we know that Jesus will come on a white horse and rescue his bride when it's time to end this time.
All that to say, I will honor Obama as my president, but I will first serve the one and only true God.

No comments:

About Me

Lafayette, Colorado, United States